Did you know that you can count on best collagen products to conceal your fine lines and age spots?
Raise your hands, though, if you largely rely on camera filters to temporarily get rid of wrinkles. It’s okay. I won’t judge you. We’ve all been there. All we want is to make our skin appear fresh and supple.
For this reason, many go under the knife to be successful in the quest for a-smooth-as-baby’s-butt skin. However, the thought of being poked by sharp needles just unnerves some. Good news as there are other great choices for you.
Apart from collagen creams, serums and supplements, there are some of the best collagen products that are also thriving today. They are aptly dubbed as Botox in a box that can magically erase the unwanted lines and somewhat freeze the effects of time. I have here just 3 choices that you can choose from.
But before we get to know each product, let us first examine what collagen is and know its link to wrinkles.
What Is Collagen?
Collagen can be found inside the extracellular matrix of the connective tissue beneath the skin. This collagen gives the skin its form while strengthening it. As a result, we can see and feel velvety, firm, elastic, and wrinkle-free skin.
Fun fact: animals have collagen too.
The mentioned connective tissue is made up of two main parts: proteins inclusive of collagen, and a gel-like substance that preserves moisture. The gel-like matter has glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) which are protein molecules that serve as tissue shock absorbers.
In the skin, collagen aids in building a net of cells known as fibroblasts, where new cells can grow. This paves way to replenishing and restoring dead skin cells.
Additionally, collagen also serve as a protective layer for vital organs such as kidneys.
Collagen comprises 30% of the proteins inside the body. It can also be found in bones, cartilage, intervertebral discs, ligaments, tendons, and more.
As we age, the body creates less and less collagen. As this happens, the skin degenerates and forms wrinkles. Apart from getting wrinkles, collagen loss also causes inflexible and aching joints, and decline of bone, tendons, and disc health.
Women, especially those over the menopausal stage, are heavily affected by the reduction of collagen production.
Why Do We Lose Collagen Over Time?
There are many elements that come into play when we say collagen levels. Most often, poor diet, decrease in hormone levels, too much cortisol, stress, too little water, and unhealthy lifestyle in general cause the decline of collagen creation.
If you want to sustain your collagen production, you need to take note of the following factors:
- Hormones – this includes estrogen, phytoestrogen, and cortisol level.
- Nutrition – are you taking enough Vitamins A and C?
- Diet – do you drink enough water to hydrate yourself? Do you consume omega-3 fats? Do you eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables? Are you taking antioxidants and phytochemicals? Do you indulge in proteins?
- Lifestyle – do you exercise? Do you protect yourself from the harmful rays of the sun? Do you meditate or are you more prone to be stressed out even in little things?
- Blood sugar levels – do you moderate your sweet intake and keep your glucose in check?
Medical and Cosmetic Uses of Collagen
The good thing about collagen is that it can be broken down and absorbed into the body again. It can be made into a compressed, solid or as a gel-like substance.
Its beauty lies in its being naturally occurring. This makes collagen safe and fit for varying medical and cosmetic purposes. Collagen for medical procedures can come from cows, pigs, or sheep. I’ve mentioned in a fun fact earlier that animals have collagen too.
Here are just some of the many uses of collagen:
- Skin filler – collagen is used to fill concave of the skin, get rid of wrinkles, and improve scars. The skin fillers are usually derived from humans and cows. Although, skin tests are generally conducted to test if patients are allergic to cow collagen.
- One thing worth noting is that collagen can only fill shallow dips and depressions. Bigger gaps need fat, or implants.
- Wound dressing – collagen wound dressings help cure persistent wounds that do not react to other treatments, second-degree burns, skin grafts, full-thickness wounds, rotting wounds, and wounds that discharge urine or sweat.
- In those cases, collagen helps by providing a site for new tissue to grow.
- Tissue regeneration – for instance, collagen “walls” in oral surgery keep quick-growing cells in the gum from transferring to a wound in a tooth.
- Osteoarthritis treatment – in a study, it was found that collagen supplements help lessen pain for those suffering from osteoarthritis. Their joint functioning significantly improved as well.
3 Best Collagen Products for Wrinkles
Now that we know the significance of collagen in retaining a younger-looking skin, let us talk about the best collagen products that I have curated here.
As already mentioned, aging decreases our collagen production. Consequently, our skin’s ability to retain its youthfulness suffers. So how do we stay youthful? With collagen products, of course!
Mind you, you don’t need to secure access to a fountain of youth with these products. These items have managed to discover the winning formula to keep aging at bay. If you are ready, feel free to browse this list of items packed with collagen.
Collagen Select (Recommended Product)
This is a tropical flavored drink that aids collagen production in the body. This will help keep your skin younger looking and stop the effect of time. Its ingredients have been proven to work on problem areas around the eyes, while keeping the skin firm and supple.
The manufacturer suggests that you drink the recommended dose once a day for two months to see significant results. The package has 150g of supplement which lasts for a month.
The ingredients are natural and have been tested and proven risk-free, so consuming it is safe. There are also no known side effects after consumption.
What we love about the product:
- Keeps skin young-looking
- Firms and keeps skin elastic
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Contains natural ingredients
- Supports healthy hair and nail growth
- Money back guarantee
You can click here for an in-depth review of Collagen Select which is one of the best collagen products in the market today.
Click here to get Collagen Select with 20% discount
Lenogen Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides
This is one of the many best collagen products for wrinkles in our books because you can mix this supplement with your favorite smoothie or drink. This way, you avoid the nasty flavor that you get from others.
With Lenogen, all you need to do is add a scoop of its powder to your daily drink to improve your natural beauty. It does not have any fillers and it is composed of 100% pure Hydrolyzed Collagen peptides as it promised.
What we love about the product:
- Has hyaluronic acid, which is vital in maintaining the skin’s elasticity
- Fights stretch marks and cellulite
- Alleviates eczema and acne
- Promotes healthy hair and nails
- Can reduce joint pain
- Keeps you feel satiated and suppresses appetite
- No nasty or weird flavor
- Easily dissolves
Click Here to Buy Lenogen Hydrolyzed Peptides on Amazon
Beauty Boost Age-Defying Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid + Multi Collagen Peptides
It would not be part of Amazon’s choice if it is not one of the best collagen products there is, right?
This duo of product is adored by its users. First, the combination effectively treats acne, dark spots, wrinkles, and other common skin problems. It also moisturizes and hydrates your skin.
Second, their special formula helps with collagen synthesis to support your body’s collagen production.
To make the products effective, use the serum in the morning and in the evening after cleansing. Additionally, take 2 capsules per day of the Multi Collagen peptides to boost the process of collagen synthesis.
What we love about the product:
- Money back guarantee
- Two products in one package
- Skin feels tight even when sweating
- Makes skin clear and glowing
Click Here to Buy It on Amazon
When you turn about 25 years old, your skin will start to age and sag. Thus, you will need to follow an anti-aging skin care routine. Aside from collagen creams, the best collagen products that we have in this list can provide your body the boost that it needs to support collagen production.
Do check out those best collagen products and let us know about your experience.
Click Here to Learn More About Collagen Select – The Best Collagen on the Market
Leave a Reply