What are the benefits of green tea for weight loss? How to use green tea for weight loss? We’ll answer these questions in this article.
Green tea is not only very healthy and drinking it brings many health benefits, but it can also help you lose weight, whether you drink it or take green tea extract as a supplement.
Green tea will melt your fat and boost your health. This is a great substance for those who want to lose weight. This article will show you what to look out for to really benefit from taking green tea.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Green Tea for Weight Loss
Green tea helps lose weight in at least 5 different ways:
1. Contains Caffeine and EGCG, which are well-known known fat burners
Both caffeine and EGCG will help you lose weight. The stimulant caffeine is one of the best known and most studied substances ever. Therefore, various studies have proven the fat-burning effects. Although green tea does not contain nearly as much caffeine as coffee, it is still sufficient to benefit from the positive effects. EGCG, a powerful antioxidant which accelerates metabolism.
2. Increases fat burning
It is no coincidence that green tea extract is included in almost all weight loss pills and fat burners.
Study after study proves it. Green tea increases fat burning (especially during exercise).
A test with men who took a green tea supplement, and those who did not take it, showed that those who took it, burned 17% more fat during exercise. Even outside the training, this effect seems to continue, although it is then much less than 17%. According to most studies, it’s between 3-4%. However, this should not be underestimated because green tea increases your basal metabolic rate.
3. Increases mobilization of fat in fat cells
To burn fat, it first has to be “mobilized”. That means it has to get out of the fat cells and into the bloodstream. Both caffeine and EGCG increase this mobilization of fat in fat cells. This means that more fat than energy is released and it can be burned. (That’s why fat burning is so much bigger during exercise, or at least 17% bigger.)
4. Reduces appetite (or not?)
Some studies show that green tea reduces appetite. And others show that there is no significant difference. Although this would be a plus, there’s no convincing proof that green tea is a natural appetite suppressant. But many people who drink green tea regularly claim that it is an appetite suppressant.
5. Reduces more harmful visceral fat
The visceral fat is mainly found in the stomach and it is deposited around the organs. It triggers inflammation in the body and can contribute to insulin resistance. Both things that we absolutely want to avoid. And green tea can help you with that. Indeed, studies show that a large part of the lost fat comes from this harmful, visceral fat. This should be reflected in a reduced risk of various diseases.
It is important to know that green tea alone does not help if you are obese or overweight. You will need to combine other weight loss techniques such as proper diet and exercise, and then the green tea will be an excellent weight loss supplement. You can also lose more weight if you combine green tea with other substances.
The additional 90 calories per day can only be what is particularly needed to tilt a calorie deficit from a calorie surplus when a balanced diet and exercise regimes follow.
Other health benefits of green tea
1. A strong antioxidant
Green tea is a powerful natural antioxidant that can slow down premature aging, protect against many diseases, especially thanks to its high content of polyphenols. However, it is important to know that actually the strongest antioxidants are in white tea, which is superior to green tea in this respect.
2. Green tea helps to speed up your metabolism
- Green tea has the primary benefit of helping speed up metabolism, allowing us to burn fat, thanks to catechins that help thermogenesis process, which is generating energy to eliminate those extra kilos.
- We must not forget that it is probably a mild appetite suppressant, which makes it easier to eat less and eat less without snacking.
- Another interesting aspect is that this old drink is very suitable to prevent high levels of insulin in the blood.
3. An excellent diuretic and a stimulant tonic for the liver
- Green tea is a wonderful ally that cleanses our body and removes toxins from the blood and intestines.
- Green tea is a very suitable tonic to stimulate and rebuild the pancreas and liver.
How should you use green tea for weight loss?
1. In order to achieve healthy weight loss thanks to green tea, you should take three cups daily.
2. Take the first cup of green tea preferably with some lemon juice.
3. Take the second cup about 20 minutes after lunch.
4. The last cup of green tea should be taken after dinner.
To lose weight fast you would need to take the pills that contain green tea and other powerful, but natural fat burning substances.